The simple meaning of DFU (Device Firmware Update) For those who do not know, it is the option we have so that our iPhone or iPad connects directly to iTunes and allows us to install the firmware that we want previously downloaded by ourselves. The recovery mode on the other hand, allows us to recover the device in case of problems, it allows to restore or update the device from iTunes. It is a way to force connect to iTunes so that it takes care of the update and recover the iPhone.
How to turn off our iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or Pro Max
But we go for the most basic and for this we will start with the function of turning off the device. In this case, the physical button on the right, pressed constantly, activates Siri, so we have to press and hold the right button at the same time as one on the left side to increase or decrease volume, until the text "slide to turn off" appears. Now we will be able to turn off the device directly by sliding on the screen until it turns off.
We can also activate the SOS emergency call and view medical data in case the iPhone is not ours, in case we have to help that person. This point is important and everyone should be aware of this option from Apple devices. This directly shows the data of the person such as name, age, weight and size as well as a contact telephone number in case of emergency.
How to put DFU mode on iPhone 11
The next thing is a somewhat more advanced level and that is that putting the iPhone in DFU should not be done by everyone. When we activate this option on the iPhone we can modify the firmware of the device and this in the hands of inexperienced people can be a problem. The Actualidad iPhone team is not responsible for any damage you may cause to your device using this DFU mode. Activating DFU mode is simple but requires a series of steps to prevent any basic key combination from activating this mode. We simply have to follow these steps that we leave below and the iPhone 11 and the rest of the models will activate this function.
- Cable iPhone to Mac or PC and open iTunes
- We will press the volume up button
- Now we will press the volume down button
- Often we have to press and hold the on / off and volume down buttons
- The screen will be black. After 3 seconds we release the on / off button and continue to hold down the volume down button
- A message appears on the Mac or PC and we accept
- Finally the recovery mode window will appear and at that moment we release the volume down button
If we do not want to keep the DFU mode active we can exit without problems. To exit DFU mode what we have to do is something simpler:
- Press the volume up button once
- Press the volume down button once
- Hold down the button on the right and the Apple logo will appear
The recovery mode or «recovery mode». This is how it is activated
To perform the recovery mode we have to follow other somewhat simpler steps. Like DFU mode, this is reserved for more experienced users, so in case of problems with your iPhone we recommend that you use Apple's SAC or approach an authorized technical service. On the other hand, it is not a problem to try this method and have your own experience, but you have to know what you are playing. To activate this mode we follow these steps:
- We open iTunes and connect the device
- We press and release the button to increase the volume
- We press and release the button to lower the volume
- We keep the upper button pressed until the device starts to restart automatically
- The only thing left is to press and hold the top button until the device enters recovery mode.
Locate your device on the computer and when you see the Restore or Update option, we select the one that suits us best. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without deleting the data we have on our iPhone. Wait for iTunes to download the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and the device exits the recovery mode screen, wait for the download to finish and repeat the process again since it could have failed at some point.