Apple devices are prone to crashes, things not working as expected and of course, buttons failing. The two buttons that most interest users are the Home button (to exit to the Springboard) and the Power button (to lock and turn off the iPad); and in most cases, they are the first buttons to break / go bad. Well, if any of these two buttons break and we want to take a screenshot, we can't, since we need to press them at the same time. In Today iPad we are going to give you a solution to this problem, that is, We will be able to take screenshots even though some of those buttons are faulty.
Taking screenshots with the accessibility tool: AssistiveTouch
For those who do not know how to capture the screen of their iPad you will simply have to press the buttons at the same time Home and Power until a kind of flash appears on the screen indicating that the capture has been made and that it is in the Reel of your device. But, What if one of these two buttons does not work correctly? Here you have the steps to be able to take screenshots with the iOS Accessibility Tool: Assistive Touch.
- We enter the iOS Settings and look for the tab «General«.
- Next, we will have to enter a subsection called: "Accessibility" in which we will see all the tools that Apple offers to improve accessibility to iOS such as: zoom, VoiceOver, bold text, quick functions ... We will be interested in one of the most used tools: AssistiveTouch.
- Right at the end of the «Accessibility» menu we will find the tool we are looking for: Assistive Touch. To start using the tool we must activate the button at the top.
- When we have done it, a button will appear somewhere on the screen (sides) in which if we press a series of actions will appear. Click on the button and then select "Dispos."; and then to the "More" tag.
- Once we are in the corresponding place, we will have a button that says «Screenshot». When we press on the button, the flash will appear and it will indicate that the capture has been made. Therefore, we will have to run AssistiveTouch (the button is static and can be found anywhere on iOS) in the place we want to capture.
More information - Repair the iPad yourself (I): Home button