The World Wide Developers Conference is one of the most important annual events in the world of software development. Although it is restricted to iOS or macOS devices, the reality is that Apple uses it as a showcase for its own creations, essentially iOS, iPadOS and the rest of the company's operating systems.
This is everything that Apple is going to present during WWDC 2022, including what's new in iOS 16 and possibly a new Mac. You will know before anyone else what are all the news of the Cupertino company, do not miss them.
Table of Contents
What's new in iOS 16
Apple usually captures all the spotlights with iOS 16, the iPhone operating system and from which the rest of the mobile operating systems start. These are all the news that we will see during WWDC 2022:
- Posts: Apple's messaging application will improve the reproduction of voice notes and will inherit functions integrated in the competition to improve its performance
- Multitask: The way we use multitasking will improve significantly in iOS 16, it will even allow us to adjust the size of the window to use two applications at the same time
- Health: Apple's fitness information management application will implement a new data recognition system to offer us more information
- Screen lock: This section of the iPhone will now show more information, downplaying the clock, including in turn a series of integrated widgets. The purpose could be to open the door to an AlwaysOnDisplay on the iPhone 14 as is already the case on the Apple Watch
- Improvements in the notification organization and distribution system
- Interactive and more complex widgets, with information in real time
- Section Classical, so that Apple Music users can find their classical music exclusively
- Redesign of the Concentration Mode options that can allow us to customize it at our whim
- New iCloud Private Relay features
iOS 16 will be presented during the WWDC on June 6. That same day Apple will make the first beta available to developers (in iPhone News we will show you how to install it). In mid-July 2022, the beta will become public and easily accessible to any user, and in September 2022, on the occasion of the launch of iPhone 14, we will have the final and official version of iOS 16.
In terms of compatibility, the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus will be left out of the update, as well as the iPhone 7 and the first generation iPhone SE. In short, these are the models compatible with iOS 16:
- 7 iPhone Plus
- iPhone 8
- 8 iPhone Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (2nd generation)
- iPhone 12
- iPhone 12mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone SE (3nd generation)
In short, the minimum requirement will be to have 3GB of RAM as well as Apple's A10 Fusion processor, or a later version.
What's new in macOS 13
The operating system for Apple Mac computers will also receive its new functions, as it could not be otherwise. First It seems that Apple has decided almost 20 years later to modify the user interface of the Preferences panel, thus adjusting to the needs of users and, above all, offering greater integration with desktop applications, which will be able to modify these preferences directly from their own interface.
Meanwhile Apple will continue to improve the performance of its ARM processors for recently launched devices and of course, will take advantage of the presentation to show new devices.
They will focus on a MacBook Air with M2 processor, This will have a white keyboard, in line with what has already been seen in the company's other devices according to the color palette. Also, the new MacBook Air will adopt the steeper-angled designs of the new Macs, as well as a slightly modified M2 processor, instead of using a 3nm architecture it will keep the 5nm of Apple's M1 processor, so the improvement It will be light in terms of efficiency, noting something more in graphic processing.
iPadOS 16 – watchOS 9 – tvOS 16
As you well know, the rest of the operating systems present on the iPad, the Apple Watch and, of course, the Apple TV, are based on iOS. Thus, some (or rather most) of the new features present in iOS 16 will be transferred directly to iPad OS 16, and in the case of watchOS 9 and tvOS 16 they will be implemented to offer us a better connected experience.
In this way it is expected that watchOS 9 includes new functions related to the sampling and analysis of data related to the application Health, in the same way that new spheres will be added, as with each new version. Rumors also point to a redesign of the low power mode that allows more functionality in the background.
As for the iPad The latest rumors are that Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro and Xcode could definitely reach the company's tablet, especially the Pro models whose hardware can already more than execute the necessary tasks. These small steps would definitely make the iPad an increasingly functional product despite the disappointments that its purchasers have been taking year after year due to the limitations posed by its use with iPadOS.
How to watch WWDC 2022
The WWDC will take place at 10:00 a.m. in Cupertino, which coincides with theas 19:00 p.m. in mainland Spain or 18:00 p.m. in the Canary Islands. These are the schedules of the WWDC in the rest of the world:
- 11:00 – Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua
- 12:00 – Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Peru
- 13:00 – Bolivia, Chile, Cuba, Paraguay, Dominican Republic, Venezuela
- 14:00 – Argentina, Uruguay
However, don't worry because in iPhone News we are going to publish news constantly to keep you informed. All these news that we have published are limited to the detailed analysis by rumors, leaks and analysts of the last few months. Although they may differ slightly, in general they will stick to what is published.