Do you want to update an iPad to the latest version? Apple products are the favorites of many because they are a recognized and very select brand. Thanks to its constant updates, its equipment manages to stay at the forefront of technology. If you don't know how to update your iPad, then we will teach you how to do it so that you can rescue the device from oblivion. You are ready?
Table of Contents
Steps to update an iPad to the latest version
There are two ways to update an iPad to the latest version. One is through a wireless connection, in this case WiFi, and the other is using the computer. If you want to do it wirelessly you must follow the following steps:
- Make sure the iPad is connected to the WiFi network.
- Go to the section of “Settings".
- Select in "General".
- If an update is available, an alert icon will appear next to “Software update”. Tap to continue.
- Next, tap on the option “Install Now” to start the installation.
- You will need to enter your access code.
- Once entered, the following is Accept the terms and conditions to start the download.
Wait a few minutes for the process to finish and when it does, you will have your iPad updated to the latest version.
Now if you want to update it using a computer, what you should do is the following:
- Connect iPad to computer and wait for it to be recognized by the team.
- Enter the recognized device and look for the option “general configuration".
- Search if there is an update available and if so, click on “download and update".
The process will take a few minutes to complete and at the end, you will have your iPad updated to the latest version and ready to be used.
Recommendations when updating an iPad to the latest version
Before updating the software of your iPad, keep in mind the following aspects that you will see below, so you can avoid that the device presents any type of problem or error.
- Verify that an update is available: The first thing you have to do is make sure that there is indeed an update available. To know this you must go to "general settings" and click on "check for updates". That way you'll know if an update is available and can download it.
- Make sure the iPad isn't that old: If your iPad is of a very old model, it is best not to update it, as this could significantly affect the performance of the tablet.
- Make a backup: Before carrying out an update, it is recommended that you make a backup copy. Thus, if some information is lost while the operating system is updated, you can recover it.
Be the first to comment